Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dear MRJ

Something I find very interesting about people, and specifically applicable to me at this moment in time, is how I can care about someone so much when I don't know him very well. I have talked to him a few times, but never really in depth. There have always been people around-most of whom are already his really good friends.

I feel that if I sat with him and talked to him, we might find a lot about each other that is kind of similar. I feel like talking to him would be really easy.

MARK!!!! I read the blog you posted today and I can't begin to tell you how NOT alone you are! I've felt lonliness since I started coming back to church in August. I'm not in the same situation necessarily as you are, but I definately feel alone and that there aren't very many people I can talk to. I too have had failed attempts at trying to re-create instances where God has answered prayers and been left alone and feeling like I'm not good enough or worthy enough to be cared about. But somehow, there is something that keeps me here. And something that keeps me praying and trying to find what I feel like I'm missing.

I want so badly to talk to you and tell you how much people care about you and are here for you. I don't know why when there is a desire so strong in your heart for a relationship with God and to feel His love that it doesn't come. I don't know why you haven't felt it, because I know he doesn't choose who he does and doesn't love. You seem to me, one of the most genuine people and have always been kind to me in those very brief conversations we've had.

So many people love you. I hope that you realize it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment