Saturday, March 28, 2009

Complications

Tonight was quite possibly the most depressing one I've had in a very long time. I've been down for a while, but today tops the list of bad days. My sister came in yesterday and it's so great to have her here! I love her with my whole heart and it saddens me that she and my mother are unsupportive of my decision to come back to church. It really weighs a girl down! Everything wrong in my life right now is due to the fact that I've come back to church. Sure, there have been changes, and not very good ones, but I feel like I'm in a weird transition period and that it'll all even out soon. But I can't see how coming back to church could absolutely ruin my life.
I feel like nobody is going to understand when I say "My sister just didn't feel like coming to church" tomorrow when she doesn't show up with me even though I'm teaching a lesson. There are things I'm willing to do for her that aren't on par with Keeping the Sabbath and fasting. She is a very interesting person and I don't know that I could necessarily describe her "conditions" with people other than she has a lot of anxiety and hates meeting new people and she sleeps a lot, which she obviously hasn't done here because we got up way too early this morning.

Another thing: I moved to Seattle with a purpose. I came here to improve in my art form:theater and THAT has been taken from me too by this evil influence called money-which is also one of the biggest sources of stress in my life and I'm sure other people can relate. However, when you're passionate about something, money shouldn't be the thing that stops you. I went to a show at Cornish in which I knew every person and almost every person in the audience. But I didn't want to say hello to anyone because I wasn't one of their peers anymore, I look different than I did, and I'm certainly very jealous that these people get to go to school where I want to go to school and are doing exactly what I want to do. Why? Because they're luckier than me. It doesnt mean they're all more talented than me, because I know for a fact not everyone going to that school is. I just want to do what I love. I now hate school because it's pointless to have a degree and be doing something that makes you unhappy. I want to quit community college, get some good training for a while and then act, dance, sing, do what I love to do because that helps channel happiness. I also want to move somewhere new without getting shit from my family about "leaving them" and "abandoning them" because I don't want to spend the rest of my life in the hellhole of Tucson, Arizona where there is nothing, I repeat NOTHING, for me.

I've been so irritated with EVERYONE today as well. Jenny, I love you dearly, but for some reason I was so irritated with you. I don't know where it came from! And Linda, my dear dear elderly housemate, you also do so much for me, but I hate living in a bed and breakfast where MY life is dictated by how many guests we have! And I also hate being talked at about nothing for long periods of time.

I kind of have a bit of a temper. I enjoy throwing things-particularly my cell phone-when having an upset conversation on the device. The point for my sharing this tidbit is because I tend to also play things out in my head before they happen and I was just imagining myself getting Bubble Tea for my sister and I after church tomorrow and having my mother call me and getting upset and throwing my phone down yelling "God dammit!" and seeing my phone shatter all over the place and being really embarrassed and shocked that I did it...and there is the second scenario where I throw it (shatter) pick up my bubble tea and walk out because I don't want the stupid phone anymore! Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Yes, I like to cuss-but I do a fairly good job at not cussing out loud :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment